Selling a car sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sikkinixx, Feb 28, 2009.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Honestly, this is the most annoying thing I have had to do in a long while.

Lots of people emailing me, then never replying again. People calling and asking questions I clearly wrote on my craigslist ad. People straight up offering me less than a THIRD of what I asked before even seeing the car despite the fact that the car is priced lower than most other similar cars listed.

It makes me wanna drive it into the river, while on fire to get it over with!!!!!!!

I feel better.

2. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

yeah, selling a car is never easy. what kind of car are you selling? (year too:p)

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Hey if you feel that way about it and it's a nice car. Just donate it to the "Peace" foundation. :p

4. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Checks wallet, I can offer you $3 for your car... But depending on model, make, year, and options, I may be able to go higher.

But on a serious note, I am in the market for a truck. I have a 1963 Ford Falcon Convertible for trade.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

6. MikhailT macrumors 601

Dude, I know.

I am selling a car myself and I got the same treatment as you did.

One guy called asking, "what is the price for the car". (Seriously? the price is listed on the frigging ad!!) As soon as I told him, he ended the call with "ok thank you and bye".

Got one guy saying "i gotta see the car, if it worth it, i'll pay it in cash on the spot."
    Never heard from him again. Pissed me off. Why do they even call in the first place?

7. edgew8 macrumors regular

edgew8

Welcome to the world.

P.S. its filled with idiots:D

also, this is typical craigslist lurker behavior. Sell anything on CL and you'll get the same stupidity. I weep for the human race sometimes.

8. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Hey, I know how you feel.
    I advertise vehicles for two car dealerships, and I get the boatload that you get... everyday!

If you need any help or tips to sell your car, you can always message me. I practically know a customer inside and out... :rolleyes:

9. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

I just bought a car recently... it can be a pain too. What made it easiest is when Sellers would post as much information as possible and even the VIN number and carfax report (the dealer we bought it from had all this and more.) But it sounds like you have a lot of info. and people are just idiots. :p

Good luck.

10. mrfrosty macrumors 6502

Sometimes we have a clear out and go to a car boot sale (garage sale).....If someone tries to barter me down on something clearly worth the money I often smash it up in front of them.........someone once picked up Led Zep's 2CD "remasters", spent about 2 minutes looking at it asked how much it was, i said £1 they said i will give you 20 pence......i threw it on the floor and jumped on it.......the sense of satisfaction is great..............burn the MF'ing car chap (or chap-ess) !!!

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

12. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

[​IMG]

Agreed! :p

13. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko