Selling a HTC One

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by HenryHealy, Jul 18, 2013.

1. HenryHealy macrumors member

Hi I had an iPhone 4 and in April I was curious to try out Android again as the last one I had was the HTC Hero. Anyway, I decided on the One over the S4. But I don't know, I think I just prefer iOS over Android. Anyway, my question is, what is the best site to sell the One on? I've only had it about 3 months.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've always had good luck on craigslist.

3. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

craigslist if you don't want to get raped with ebay selling fees.

4. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Cell Trader Online or Swappa. Swappa only has a $10 fee when you sell and CTO is a forum. I've used both and both work well. Swappa is nice because you're required to submit the IMEI so the mods can check it to make sure the phone isn't blacklisted.

I just sold my One a week ago for $465 (on CTO) and cleared $450 after PayPal fees. Mine was mint with all accessories (unused) and the original box.

5. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Swappa is HANDS DOWN the best. I sold my HTC One on there last week, and bought a Galaxy S4. Makes eBay look terrible.

Unlike eBay who charges like 10% of the sale price, Swappa charges a $10 flat rate for any priced device.
    They're also very secure to sale and buy from.

6. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Never heard of them before. Reliable?

7. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Very. Here's my HTC One I sold on Swappa. It sold within an hour and I instantly received the money in my PayPal account.

Link

They manually approve each listing after it is verified.

You need verified PayPal accounts, they require IMEI checks (so no bad ESN's).

The site is also partners with XDA and Cyanogenmod.

8. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Wow, awesome.. I'm definitely going to use this.

I've been having major problems with eBay trying to sell my GS4.

9. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Yeah they only sell phones and tablets. They have options to check if it is rooted, bootloader unlocked, etc. It's more-so used by tech enthusiasts rather than the general public like eBay.

My buying experience with the Galaxy S4 was smooth as well. I negotiated with the seller and agreed to pay $20 extra to have it overnighted. I bought the phone around noon, and it was at my door the next day.

If you look at the pictures I posted in the ad, the paper with random numbers and letters was the sale ID for that device (in the URL). They do that to make sure you actually have the device and it turns on.