Selling a MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Silver Idaten, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

I currently have a Mid-2013 MacBook Air. Somehow, I got a rather noticeable scratch on the display, and Apple will fix it for $500. Truth be told, I wanted a Pro from the beginning, so I'm thinking its time to sell if they want that much. Top of the line Pro is $3200, I'm sure I can find some places to knock that down, but I would like to get it if possible.

Anyway, I noticed there's no Swappa for computers. I'm wary to sell something like a Mac on eBay. Are there some good places that are trustworthy to sell a MacBook Air without getting ripped off too much?

Besides Craigslist?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

https://www.gazelle.com

I've been using Gazelle with no issues. You won't get as much money as eBay or Craigslist since Gazelle is out to make a profit, but it is very convenient. I have been using Gazelle the last couple upgrades since I just don't want to hassle with eBay or CL any more.

3. ctg7w6 macrumors 6502

Lol, brand new 2015 MBA, perfect condition, they offer me $465. No thanks, Jeff.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Like I said, you can't compare their offer to CL or eBay because they are wanting to make a profit by reselling your machine. I usually find their offer is around $200 less than what I could sell on eBay for. Worth it for the convenience to me.

5. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

Just sold one (no scratches) on Craigslist. I wiped per the online instructions, we met at a Starbucks so the buyer could try it out and all went well. No EBay fees, scams, etc involved.