Selling a MacBook. How to?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wvuwhat, Mar 3, 2008.

1. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I have my MacBook on ebay right now and I just need to know how to sell it. I have my entire iTunes library on my external drive with 250GB partitioned to it and the other 210 for Time Machine backups. I know this is really stupid, but can I just use my time machine partition when I get the new computer to have all of my documents again? I have heard about just inserting the discs that came with the computer and doing a clean install, but I don't want to lose all of my data (including the 80 DVD's I have on my external). Also, I'm including iWork, but it's at my house away from college, I have one of the stickers on the bottom of my computer with the serial number, can I just enter that in when I get the iWork trial back and it be ok for the new seller until I can get the discs shipped to them? Any help would be very nice, thank you.
    Jay

2. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

I think you can restore all of your data onto your new mac with a time machine backup. The Setup assistant asks you if you want to migrate a time machine backup.