Selling a Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Confuzzeled23, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    I was just wondering. I have had my Aluminum Macbook since March and it seems day after day I am wishing that I had gotten a Windows PC. I have been Windows since I was 2 years old, and I miss all my programs etc. I was wondering how much you would ask for if you wanted to sell an Aluminum Macbook 2.0 Ghz, with 2 GB Ram, with an Incase shell, Mini-DP to DVI connector and an Apple Remote?

Thanks.

2. Fizzoid macrumors 68020

Fizzoid

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Check out the going rate on ebay and craigslist.

I'm going to say its probably several hundred dollars less then what you paid for, given that its no longer new. If you have applecare, that will certainly help

why not just load windows on it, and skip using OSX. That will probably be the most economical choice.

You should be able to refomat the drive with the windows install disk and install windows then.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

You can also check for approximate resale values on mac2sell.net and everymac.com.

I echo the thoughts of the others -- why not install Windows on it, and use that partition as your primary machine? Then you can still use OS X when you're sick of you don't need Windows.

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I second... no wait, third... no wait! fourth! what other people have said. Install Windows on it, give OS X a LITTLE bit of a chance :)

6. Confuzzeled23 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies everyone, I have Windows 7 on it, I love it. But it seems to have really bad battery life. Anyone know of any confirmation of Bootcamp 3.0 fixing any issues, have we heard anything about 3.0 doing anything better for the Windows users here? Also having weird issues with sleep in Windows. When I close the lid, it doesn't sleep, and gets stuck, the backlight is still on and I need to hold the power button to shut down. Is this just issues because 7 is not officially supported yet?

Thanks again.

7. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I suspect so, try running it in VMWare or Parallels instead, full screen mode.
    Or try coherance mode, so you have all your Windows apps and Mac apps to use simultaneously.

8. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Don't forget that the version you're using is a RC, that may explain some of the problems you've encountered.

9. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Apple won't release 7 drivers until 7 is released at least.

10. Synchromesh macrumors 6502a

Synchromesh

That machine is worth somewhere between $850 and $950 providing it has no major flaws. I would start at $950 and prepare to go down a bit.