Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clusty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
I have a 2 GHz, Core 2 Duo white MacBook from late 2006. The other day one of the hinges broke which, I assume, caused the cables for the display to come loose, which caused the display not to work anymore.

Instead of fixing it, I'd like to sell it to save up for another MacBook.

How much can I get for it? It's not in the greatest condition. The superdrive doesn't work and the escape key is missing(you can still press where it was and it will work). It works fine if it's connected to an external display. It also has SL installed and I upgraded the HD to 320GB about a year ago. It still has the original 1GB of RAM.

mac2sell.net says I can get $600 for it if it was perfect, but it's far from that so I'm not sure.

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
I have a 2 GHz, Core 2 Duo white MacBook from late 2006. The other day one of the hinges broke which, I assume, caused the cables for the display to come loose, which caused the display not to work anymore.

Instead of fixing it, I'd like to sell it to save up for another MacBook.

How much can I get for it? It's not in the greatest condition. The superdrive doesn't work and the escape key is missing(you can still press where it was and it will work). It works fine if it's connected to an external display. It also has SL installed and I upgraded the HD to 320GB about a year ago. It still has the original 1GB of RAM.

mac2sell.net says I can get $600 for it if it was perfect, but it's far from that so I'm not sure.

Doubt many people would want to buy it, just salvage it for parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.