Selling a Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macher, Jun 15, 2015.

1. macher, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015

macher macrumors 6502a

macher

A family member gave me their water damaged AT&T iPhone 6/64GB. Didn't have Apple Care. He got it unlocked via AT&T website. I called Apple and asked since iPhone was unlocked would I get a $299 unlocked replacement. They said they couldn't do that and that I would have to get the replacement unlocked from AT&T.

I got the $299 replacement today and went to AT&T site and requested an unlock. I've done this on my other iPhone lines under contract with success.

I have all the accessories and the original box. The iPhone is still in factory replacement plastic. The box of course has the IME# etc of the damaged iPhone 6 but the replacement has a different IME#. I'm waiting for the unlock to hopefully go through.

What's the best way to list and sell this? I figure at the very least I can make some money.

2. DanGoh macrumors 6502

DanGoh

Craigslist. If you use common sense you should come out ok. I'd sell it for $550.

3. macher, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015

macher thread starter macrumors 6502a

macher

Thanks. But should I list it that's it's a replacement since the IME is different than on the box.

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

It doesn't matter what u list it as.

But u may get some slightly higher price saying it was just replaced by Apple and still in Replacement screen protector along with the paperwork from apple. So it would be better buy than a used iPhone.