Selling a TiBook

plutnicki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone bought or sold a used TiBook recently? I'm looking on craigslist and ebay, to get a feel for what I should sell mine for, but can find very little to compare it too (and the ones that are close, seem to be outrageously priced?).

Mines a 1Ghz Tibook, 1 Gig memory, 60 gig drive, Airport built in and a new Battery from Newer Technologies that's been working great. Case is absolutely mint... 2 chargers, etc..

I see some older systems going for $500 or less, and some newer systems going for over a grand... Nothing in the middle much...

Seems like $600/$700 would be right?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
plutnicki said:
Anyone bought or sold a used TiBook recently? I'm looking on craigslist and ebay, to get a feel for what I should sell mine for, but can find very little to compare it too (and the ones that are close, seem to be outrageously priced?).

Mines a 1Ghz Tibook, 1 Gig memory, 60 gig drive, Airport built in and a new Battery from Newer Technologies that's been working great. Case is absolutely mint... 2 chargers, etc..

I see some older systems going for $500 or less, and some newer systems going for over a grand... Nothing in the middle much...

Seems like $600/$700 would be right?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Is the Screen working? Superdrive? If so you can get $700 easy on ebay. People pay insane prices for them. But then again they retail for over 3k. or did they drop the price on the 1Ghz? I know my 867 was expensive!

You should net $700 after fees (ebay, Paypal)

you might get $800 if you have the boxes

plutnicki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2003
It works fine

Yeah, the screen works great, and it does have a Superdrive. No box, but I do have documentation.

Not trying to sell it here, seeing if anyone has bought or seen similar sold...

Nate4747

macrumors regular
May 7, 2006
Missouri
I'd say 700 east. The TiBook is pretty sought after, kinda like the cube. If I were you I would try all eBay alternatives first though, to avoid fees. eBay is getting really bad about the fees.