Selling activated iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SycoraX, Jun 23, 2010.

1. SycoraX macrumors newbie

Hello,

new poster here and I had a quick question about selling the iPhone 4 that i've already activated. I've received the phone today and I'm dissapointed with it's reception. I spend A LOT of time on my phone, and my 3G seriously gets better reception than the iPhone. I'm thinking about riding the hype wave and throwing it on eBay for 1 day auction. Problem is.. I've already activated it, and I obviously can't put the MicroSIM in to my 3G. Should I call AT&T and ask them to activate my old SIM card or get a microSIM> SIM card adapter? Any help is appreciated.

2. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

If you're serious about selling it, you can go to AT&T and request a new SIM for free.

Is it the reception, or perceived reception that concerns you? Apple has said the bars shown is not necessarily representative of the actual reception and a fix is coming.

3. SycoraX thread starter macrumors newbie

I get dropped calls. I've used the new iphone a good dozen times today and it dropped calls and people complained that they couldn't hear me a lot more. My office is very specific where it gets reception (part of it is undeground) and it just doesn't seem to offer the same signal strength. It is close, but I was expecting an improvement at least, not a downgrade.

So you're saying they can issue me a new regular sim card?

4. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Yes, I've done it before. Sorry the phone isn't working out for you.

5. beaverbaseball macrumors newbie

sorry to hear about that man...The upgrade hardware is a big plus but sounds like the low reception is a serious issue for you

6. SycoraX thread starter macrumors newbie

Would I still leave the MicroSIM inside the iPhone 4 after I sell it?

The phone is great otherwise, I just can't deal with the reception issues.

7. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

No, don't ever do that. That SIM is tied to your personal account and if you left it in there, the person could gain access to personal info or possibly re-activate your line for their own use.