Selling advice for rMBP 15 maxed HW (late 2013)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bekos, Jan 23, 2014.

1. bekos, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014

bekos macrumors newbie

Hello,

Although this is a "Buying Tips" section I would like to ask a question related to selling. Please accept my apologies if I am writing on the wrong forum section.
    I have a rMBP 15 Late 2013, maxed hw configuration (1TB. 16GB, 2.6GHz,nv750M) + super drive + thunderbolt to Ethernet. What is considered a good selling price for Australia? The price I get from the Apple website is ~4200aud. Do you think 3500-3700aud is a good price? The laptop is in perfect condition. The reason I am selling it is because I am a Linux user and this machine has a lot of driver issues with Linux.

I also want to ask you what other steps are necessary when you sell a macbook pro to another person? Do I also have to give my apple id details to the new owner of the laptop (or he/she can create a new one)?
    Thank you.

2. Bear macrumors G3

That price sounds reasonable. What you want to do is boot in to the recovery tools and erase your disk and then install OS X again. Do not enter your Apple ID anywhere. That Apple ID is yours. After OS X is installed and it boots in to the Welcome/Setup screens, use the power switch to force the poweroff.