Price Advice Selling advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cadden, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Cadden macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.

I have a macbook pro retina that I have owned for around 4 months and its still in perfect condition. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how/where to sell it? also how much I should be looking for. 4 months ago I paid £2060 for it. I think its a great machine but Ive decided its far to excessive for my needs.

I already attempted to sell it on ebay and one user bid £1900 for it but in the end the deal looked very dodgy and i decided not to go through with it. Advice from someone who has already sold there expensive apple equipment on ebay would be helpful.

Thanks for your Time

Ewan

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. Cadden thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, I have already checked mac2sell and the price quoted was £1680 wich is under what I thought I could get. Iam thinking around the £1800 mark, not sure if thats to optimistic. I will do as you suggest though and have a look around Ebay for similar products

4. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

You can always post it on Craigslist at the price you want and deal with your buyer face-to-face -- the Apple Store is a good place. There are no fees and shipping hassles but you could wait a while for a legit buyer. Don't forget to mention AppleCare if applicable. I know if I were buying something this expensive I would want to try it out.