Selling advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NZfly, Aug 7, 2014.

1. NZfly macrumors member

Hey guys

I'm selling my mid 2012 macbook pro which has been upgraded to an sad by me.
    I've restored the ssd and the original 500 gb drive it came with but my question is what should i include in the system for the new owner the ssd or the hard drive? It's still under warranty so I was wondering should i include the 500 gb pre installed incase anything happens and the buyer needs to claim warranty?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh I don't know, when I upgraded to sad I think my value went down ever so slightly. :p

But really, include both and you'll fetch a bit more. Definitely include the 500 GB if you're going to say that it is still under warranty. If you do not want to sell the SSD then your choice is obvious but you definitely need to get that 500 GB back to the next owner just in case there are issues. I could be wrong about the warranty though but Apple has been inconsistent with me about replacing the HDD on their more recent machines so out of concern, I'd want the stock drive.

3. NZfly thread starter macrumors member

Haha damn auto correct :p yeah I was gonna include both but from reading your advice I should give the machine to the buyer with the old drive installed that way if he's clueless about replacing drives he won't get into any trouble if he ever needs to claim warranty?