Selling an iPhone 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HenMaster6000, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HenMaster6000 macrumors regular

Has anyone here used a service to do it? I've heard of

Free iPhone Swap
    NextWorth
    BuyMyTronics

Does anyone have any experience with these guys? Any advice?

2. illutionz macrumors 65816

you should sell it off eBay, craigslist, macrumors forum, or howardforums and you might get a way better price than these websites who try to capitalize from gullible people.

They buy your old iPhone for $100 or $150 and sell it off on eBay for $300-400++... I saw some of these websites are offering 8GB ranging from $180 to $250 which is a joke because I sold my DROPPED CHIPPED 4GB for $210 and eBay can fetch you at least $300 for the mint 4GB ones. For 8Gb it will be even more ($400+)

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've never used those three. Go with eBay if you have a ton of money to pay fees to PayPal and eBay once you sell it, then kick in for free shipping. Craigslist is a second option, just be careful. I sold one on eBay for $415 and CL for $475. I'm still paying fees for the eBay sale! I usually like being kissed when I'm getting screwed...:mad:

4. HenMaster6000 thread starter macrumors regular

Should I do anything to it first (jailbreake it, upgrade to software 2.0, etc)?

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I didn't. Just posted the iPhone as no SIM card, and you can do the JB and unlock on your own...

6. Linuss macrumors regular

Though I have noticed that unlocked/jailbroken phones HAVE got higher amounts then the locked/un-jailbroken brothers.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.