Selling an unlocked iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by seh80, Nov 23, 2007.

1. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

Hello!

I am trying to talk myself into selling my unlocked iPhone. I love it, use it on tmobile ... but I think its time for it to find a new home.

I unlocked it using http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php/IPhone_unlock_OS_X_Part_1 <-- this method (the site is down as I'm posting this message).

I have never updated anything on the phone. After I unlocked it, I just sync. So it's running the very first software on it.

My question is, could anyone please point me in the direction of the steps I need to take if I do in fact sell? I want my info erased, but if I can keep it unlocked for the new buyer, I think that would be a plus.

Thanks very much!

2. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

An unlock cant be broken by a restore, so just to an iTunes restore... you might have to reactivate it however, how much are you hoping to sell it for?

3. seh80 thread starter macrumors 6502

seh80

Thanks for your reply. I didn't have a firm price in mind. Was probably going to post a feeler thread. I've had so much fun with it, will be rough letting it go!