Selling Apple products on a website

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by richbrown, Jul 31, 2011.

1. richbrown macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I need some help and thought this would be the best place to ask. I'm starting up a new business which will be a penny auction website selling consumer goods. If you've seen sites like Madbid.com or Bidstick.com, it's similar to that. I want to sell Apple products on it and even though these other sites do, I'm concerned that Apple won't like that I'm doing it?

I'm also going to be running a television ad campaign which highlights how the prices can be 10% of the RRP and even free (due to the way the site works). For example, a Macbook Air could go at £29.99 or even for free. The site is all above board, I'd be buying the inventory from Apple directly.

Do you have any advice or input? Should I expect a cease and desist from Apple? I'm just wondering if I'd be in the wrong or if it'd be perfectly legal for me to do this.

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're concerned about legal action from apple, perhaps you should contact a lawyer.

3. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

If you are starting up a business get some legal advice. Don't use MacRumors!