Selling/Buying options (should I keep my mini)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by teamdelfano, Feb 26, 2008.

1. teamdelfano macrumors member

Here's the deal, I was going to sell my 1.83 mac mini and buy a Macbook, but it looks like I'm not going to get what I want for it. When this thing was new, I almost paid 900 after taxes for it. Now I can't even get $500 for it, people are pissing me off with their lowball offers. I absolutely hate losing money on stuff, but I was depending on the money from my mini to help cushion the cost of the Macbook.

Should I just keep it and buy a refurb Macbook? I really want aone of the refreshed 2.4ghz versions that came out today, and add 4gb ram to it...but I just dont know what to do.

It WOULD be nice to have a laptop and a desktop machine but i havent figured out how i would sync stuff across both machines ie, bookmarks, music, data, etc. I think it might be frustrating to have a file on my mini that i need on my laptop, only to be away from my house (i dont want to set up a vpn). On the other hand it would be tough to have just the macbook, in case it broke...I wouldnt have a back up computer.

2. mchank macrumors regular

Well of course you're going to lose money on it. Why should someone pay the same price for yours when they can get one straight from Apple, full warranty and everything? I was considering selling my Macbook Pro to get a Macbook Air, but with the recent price drops, I'd lose too much money for it to be worthwhile. That's the price of technology, especially with computers, Apple included.