Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleDroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
A couple years ago I moved up from a D50 to a D300 and realized a year later I barely used it due to it's weight/complexity. Now I'm thinking of selling it but I hate using ebay (all the seller fees, dealing with bad buyers etc) and wanted to get feedback on any other reputable sites to try and sell gear.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance.

Pillar

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2010
CA.
Have you looked over at Fred Miranda or Photography on the Net?

I've sold and bought at both mentioned sites with success. There is some honest good fellows over there.

AppleDroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I have not but now I will thanks for the tip.

Pillar

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2010
CA.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I have not but now I will thanks for the tip.

Your welcome

Best with your sale

Juan

Eaton Photos

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
KY
FM B&S is the Best of the Best, when it comes to Buying/ Selling Photo or Tech Gear. POTN (Photo On the Net) is also a very good site to use. I have been using both sites for 5 years, and have actively bought & sold, without ever having an issue with a transaction on either one.

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
If you're a member of Nikonians.org, there is a sale section on there that I have sold items. I've also used eBay and Craigslist as well.

Nostromo

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
Deep Space
Craigslist is good.

Make sure your ad is well written and has some photos in it.

Be aware that you will be contacted by scammers as well. Sell your gear only person to person. And for cash only.

I got decent people buying my gear.

When I'm selling great to be replaced I give minute detail and make sure the price is good for the buyer. I never try to max out the price. I'd rather get a little bit less and get a decent buyer and a smooth transaction.

This way you will also sell quite quickly.

Another warning: do not respond to lowballers.

Do not post a phone number or and address or your name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.