selling copy of Tiger

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aaronw1986, Jun 17, 2007.

1. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I got an extra copy of Tiger with my student developer membership. Just wanted to make sure it is ok to sell this, that it's not violating anything in the terms of membership.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

http://developer.apple.com/membership/pdf/terms.pdf

"The benefits and materials, including but not limited to seed keys, seed CDs, technical support incidents, hardware discounts, and prerelease software (collectively “ADC Materials”), provided to you as an ADC program member may
    be transferred only to your employees and contractors who have an existing ADC membership. You agree that you will not otherwise transfer, publish, copy, or disseminate such ADC Materials."

That's the contract you agreed to.

No sales.

3. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Guess I will sell the retail copy I have, and keep the one I got with the membership.

4. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

5. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

help, need some info

Well, looks like I found a buyer for my old copy of Tiger. However, this is still running on a powerbook. Is there a way to change the installation currently on there to to disc I got with student developer discount without reformating?

6. Objectivist-C macrumors 6502

I don't really see the point of re-installing, seeing as there's no activation code / serial number to contend with, and that you would still have a valid license.

EDIT: Did the installation disc you're selling come with the PB, and if so, is the buyer aware of that? Bundled installation discs only work on the hardware they come with.

7. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Are you sure there is no way it keeps track? I just feel like I want the sale to be legitimate, and to do this, I would need to remove the copy I am selling. However, with a complete reformat the sale might not be worth it. I was reading about archive and install or something. Seems to keep apps in place, just does a fresh install of OS X. Would this fix my problem. Any have any suggestions?

8. Objectivist-C macrumors 6502

Yes.

9. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

No, it is a retail copy of Tiger. 10.3 came with the computer, and then I bought 10.4 when it came out.