Selling Current Macbook Pro. Pricing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skitzogreg, Oct 9, 2008.

1. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

I figured I would go on the forums for this question. I've been in the process of selling my MBP (Purchased March 08', newest model), but obviously they are releasing new MBP's on Tuesday. This is more of an ethical question, so honestly respond.

How much should I charge for the laptop? It's literally like-new. Flawless and adult owned. I just don't know how much to sell it for because of the updates on Tues. I already have a buyer, and I told him $1550. It's the 2.4, 200hd version, but the ram was upgraded to 4gb. It comes w/ mighty mouse, case, and (for whatever reason) Command and Conquer 3.

Is $1550 too much? How much should I sell it for? I'll take any suggestions and thank you for reading.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sound like a decent price; if it's a friend don't cheat him; if it's somebody else, get as much as you can. :D

3. skitzogreg thread starter macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

It is someone else, but I'm not out to "get as much as I can". I'm out to give a fair price for my computer. No offense or anything.

4. Habusho macrumors 6502

sold mine for a little under 2grand 2weeks ago.

5. cshale210 macrumors member

Im in exactly the same boat with exactly the same computer. I am working with two buyers. 1200 got them interested now im going for 1300. I figure if new ones are selling on ebay for 1600 than 1300 for a mint condition but used mbp is fine with me. plus im putting the money towards a new mb becaue 15" is too much to lug around all the time

6. skitzogreg thread starter macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

I sold it for $1500. I told the buyer that there was going to be upgrades on Tuesday just so he would know. I would assume $1500 is still going to be cheaper than what a new one would cost on Tues. (even used).