Selling Domains

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by lexus, Aug 10, 2011.

1. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

I have a lot of domains I would like to sell. Does anyone know the best way to sell them?

Thank you

2. jtara macrumors 65816

+1

If you are serious, use a fixed-price listing. Because serious buyers will only consider a fixed price. They don't want to bid endlessly with no known end date when they need a domain for a hot project.

3. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

Ok if I have a fixed price can a potential buyer message me and make an offer?

4. Ronald Williams macrumors member

If you have a lot of domains and you want to sell them then you must try to build a website like godaddy.com from where the customers can choose the domains of there choice and buy them in easier way.... You must also try some processes so that your website will come in top ranking of SERP, so that people will come to know about your website....

5. jtara macrumors 65816

You will get an email from SEDO if one of your domains sells (or if you get an offer if you use an auction).

Your domain will be listed on SEDO. As well, if you park it with them, it will have a "for sale" sign on the site, and "for sale" info in the WHOIS info.

I bought a domain through SEDO for $500, and then just for yucks I put up an unused domain for sale for $500. It sold in about a month.

6. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

What domains did you sell?

7. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Thanks for posting that site. Buying and selling domains would be a good way to make money... example: buy iTunes11.biz for $10 now, sell for $100 or so in a few months.

8. jtara macrumors 65816

Just one, stockclub.com

I've only ever sold one other domain. But it pretty-much covers any other domains I buy for a while. That was live.net, for $28,000, a few years ago. I was the original registrant.

The one I recently bought (and the only one I've ever bought, rather than just registered) is peepr.com. I think the $450 was a pretty good deal. It was bought through SEDO from a fixed-price listing.