Selling extra 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by exileskimer, Oct 14, 2011.

1. exileskimer macrumors member

I ordered two iPhone 4s, but my wife has decided she doesn't want it and will stick to her razor (lol).

Anyways since I have it I might as well throw it up on eBay... Do I need to take out the sim card that it came with when I sell it?

2. ripper998 macrumors regular

yeah, and make sure she understands no upgrade will be available for two years. My wife said the same thing when her 3GS came out. I took her razor and made her use the iphone for a week, she never asked for the razor back.

3. exileskimer thread starter macrumors member

So I for sure need to pop out the sim

Yah she used my 4 this week... She just hates technology lol

4. Gadger Snr, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014

Gadger Snr macrumors member

If it was my wife, I would use the razer on her!

Spel

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Take it back and use the upgrade for next years iPhone 5.

6. danny_w macrumors 601

Why don't you just return it? That way you get your eligibility back and you don't run the risk of getting stuck paying for the data plan for the next 2 years.

7. exileskimer thread starter macrumors member

Her line gets an upgrade every year :)

Maybe I'll convince her with the 5

So take sim card out or no?

8. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

If it's at&t, you no longer get an upgrade every year. Everyone's upgrades are 18 months out and they've said they're gonna stay that way from everything I've read. If you have a year upgrade left to use they'll let you but after that no more. So she'll have to wait 18 months.

9. jackpollard macrumors newbie

Hey man I'm in the same boat. I sold mine last week on the bay and made a nice chunk of change. It's on the truck ready for delivery. I'm not going to take the card out, the person wants to keep the box sealed. I figure they spent a load of bills, so OK. I'm giving my IP4 to my son, thats the one sold. When I called ATT, they said just bring in my old IP4 and they will activate it on my sons line. I asked them what about my "sold" phone, they said it won't activate on his line.

Good luck!

10. exileskimer thread starter macrumors member

So I don't need to take it out?

11. jackpollard macrumors newbie

I'm not going to.

Some people have said that I should, because of the over the air activation, but I figured that the worst that can happen is when the other person turns it on, it will try to activate. Being they know nothing about me, nor the phone number, it (I think) will fail.

I was going to try my IP4S and see exactly how it will work. But I figure worst thing is I have to call ATT and have them make sure the right phone is working. I would take a snapshot of the information on the box of the one your selling. It usually has information you may need.

If you are still worried, just take the card out. I dod find most people on eBay want a sealed box, I think it commands more cash.

Good luck
    Jack