Selling Fitbits to buy new Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macguy87, Oct 7, 2015.

1. macguy87 macrumors member

I am planning on buying an Apple Watch however I need to try and sell my Fitbits first. I have a Fitbit Charge and a Fitbit One. Are there any stores, including online, that buy used Fitbits. My last option is to sell it on eBay but I want to try and get as much return as I can. Also, has anyone bought or considered buying a used Apple Watch? Thank you for any suggestions in advance!

2. antnee macrumors regular

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

There are some great deals on Craig's List in my city. A friend saved over 250 bucks on a SS42 with extra brown leather loop. It had the box and original receipt showing it was purchased at the local Apple Store just a month ago. Bonus was it had the AC+ on it which after calling Apple, has now been moved in his name.

CL has a bunch of nuts around it so you will have to filter out the crazy people but it can be worth the trouble.

4. macguy87 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I am a little weary of Craigslist. Also, I am not sure I want to buy a used Apple Watch but I am not totally opposed to the idea. Do you guys have one and if so what are your thoughts?

5. sportsfan macrumors regular

I bought mine used from craigs list in January (many trying to unload x-mas gifts I assume) and got a good deal and it has seved me well.

6. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I love the CL. I buy and sell stuff all the time. At least in my area, it is OK. You get the fair share of bogus messages and seller who never respond. But overall it has been good.

If you are budget constrained, go for the CL. But the caveat with any used AW is that they OS has a poor design that a seller may not unpair it correctly, so you cannot pair it to your phone. The fix is that the seller either needs to give you their Apple ID PW, or you need to meet again so that they can pair and then correct un-pair.

I cannot imagine that you could get much more than $75 combined for a FB One and Charge.

7. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

Have you checked Fitbit's online community? I don't recall if it included a sales section or not. I have sold many items on eBay and Craigslist over the years. The last eBay transaction got canceled after I became suspicious that the buyer was using the account fraudulently (wanted me to ship to a different address than what was in their profile). It turns out my suspicion was correct. Of course Craigslist also carries some risk. Our local police department has a place where people can carry out Craigslist type transactions, but I frequently just meet people at a nearby coffee house.

I have a Fitbit One I haven't used in almost a year (I used it alongside my Apple Watch for a few months). I never sold it because it wasn't worth much and I figured someone in my family might want it. I also used it for sleep tracking for awhile. So far no takers, so I should probably sell mine too!

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

9. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

What??? Now you are jumping on the self-appointed moderator train too. You are my inspiration for resurrecting and sustaining old threads. Next thing you know, you will be critical of us for starting a new thread that shares the same theme of an old thread, though that is typically self-appointed moderator 2.0.