Selling iLife 09 Upgrade Disc?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by istanbul05, Jan 28, 2009.

1. istanbul05 macrumors member

Hi i bought the iLife 09 upgrade disc as i bought my Macbook about a week ago, so it didn't come with iLife 09 and i had to buy it for £7.95. I have just installed it and have no more need for it. I was just wondering if i sell this will it work on another Mac?

Many Thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

+1 to tallest skil. What you are trying to do is illegal, however, there is certainly nothing to stop you from doing it. If you are going to sell this, do so in person to your friends or people you know, not over the internet. Be smart about it or you will get busted.

4. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

It will certainly work for another mac.

But it's illegal to do so, as Tallest Skil said.

5. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

Just curious, but does Apple have any form of piracy protection in their discs? A number or activations or something.

6. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

so if i just bought a MB and MBP should i purchase 2 discs?

so if i just bought a MB and MBP within a week of each other should i purchase 2 upgrade discs or 1?

7. iphonematt Guest

The upgrade form allows you to request multiple licenses for the cost of one. Just read through all the info and it explains everything.

8. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

awesome thanks! like to keep it legit so thats great!

9. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Not that i'm aware of.

10. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

Nothing that the general community is aware of. They are relatively trusting for a software company (iWork disks don't even require a serial anymore).
    They could of course have buried methods we are unaware of, but I think that in general they are trusting that folks will become loyal to Apple in general. Not to mention the fact that they are already making a pretty ***** good amount of money on hardware sales and the like, so perhaps they have room to make the end-user happy by not breathing down their necks with anti-piracy and just trusting that they will be honest about everything (poor fools muahahaha YAAARRGGGGHHH! :D)

11. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

I'm pretty sure there aren't, because people just upload the ISO images of their disks on torrent web sites.
    However, Apple doesn't really care that much about iLife, because most people don't upgrade, and it comes with your Mac.