Selling iMac to fund a Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by casjohnr, Oct 21, 2008.

1. casjohnr macrumors regular

I bought a 20" 2.4ghz iMac last year, and currently have it on the cabinet next to my bed.

I was thinking of getting a MacBook but the screen quality and firewire on the MacBook pro impress me.

Can anyone think of any reason against selling my iMac to fund a 15.4" MacBook Pro? Apart from the obvious difference in screen size, but I don't mind this as like I said it is really just my 'bedroom computer'

2. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Comfort.
    I would choose a imac over a laptop any day.

I have owned multiple apple laptops, and they cant even compare to stationary computers in terms of performance and comfort.

personally I would keep the imac, and buy a cereal box and paint like a MBP instead.

3. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

Imacs are not that comfortable on your lap when you are using them on a sofa or a bed.

4. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are comfortable on your sofa and bed.

Keep your iMac, buy the 2.0 MacBook. The cost probably won't be much more.

5. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

If your machine is going to be in the house mainly, stick with the iMac.

Laptops are purely for portability i.e. students taking their machines into lectures, library, home etc. Business people taking their notebooks for presentations, meetings etc. Theres no point in getting one if its not going to be used for portability.

My 2 cents.

6. mike12806 macrumors 6502

I sold my 24 inch imac for a macbook, and just replaced the imac with an external monitor that I dock to my macbook at night :)

7. Bwilky macrumors regular

Keep the imac and use it as your main computer. Buy the MB 2.0 Ghz and use it for portability.