Selling iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by WindowsTraitor, May 12, 2011.

1. WindowsTraitor macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I would like to sell my Imac 27 i7. I tried craigslist but no luck( only email scams)

I would try ebay but i am affraid of using paypal.

Is there any other "market place" that i could try?

2. Aksta macrumors regular

You can list it on ebay and have it as pick up locally and receive cash in hand instead of paypal.

3. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

I'm surprised you didn't get any good hits from Craigslist. But yeah, you can do money order / cashier's check only with Ebay.

4. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

yes he can list without paypal , but auction only , as soon as he wants to list "buy it now" he has to accept paypal

5. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

Depending on where you live maybe your local newspaper hosts an online marketplace.

6. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

I use one of these...

http://www.astrogaming.co.uk/mixamp/mixamp-usb

I has an optical in that you can connect to your iMac it then encodes the 5.1 signal into Dolby Headphone which emulates surround sound in headphones and it is amazing that you can get awesome surround sounds out of a pair of stereo headphones! :)

7. stevenariley macrumors newbie

Why are you afraid to use Paypal?

8. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

I stopped using ebay for anything high priced because of the paypal holds now. There was something about buyer approval release. So they can damage it and reject it. How can I prove it? Are they going to mail it back? Who pays to get it back to me? What am I going to do after they damaged it now?

I don't blame the person. I sold an iPhone and got stuck in the paypal holding pattern. It made me nervous especially when I had to wait some time for the money to be released.

9. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee