selling install dvd?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tro0787, Oct 30, 2007.

1. tro0787 macrumors newbie

hi.. i just recently purchased my macbook and qualify for the leopard 10 dollar deal. When i get leopard, can i sell my old tiger install cd? do i need to unregister or something before i sell it on ebay? i dont want to screw anyone over so im just double checking. thanks

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i dont think...that it would be a problem...its not like it can be used on any system that dosent already have tiger...so id say you are good, and its not locked to your computer or anything like that

3. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

There will be the whole problem that it's a restore CD (right?) and will have stuff specifically meant to be restored on your Mac.

4. tro0787 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah.. i guess i was just thinking that it was like a backup of the tiger operating system but i think i was wrong. thanks guys

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Actually, the disks are meant only for backup purposes and can't be resold by the end user. The only OS X disks that can be resold are the upgrade ones that can be bought for $129(single) or $199(Family). If you read the terms and conditions, you'll find that this is not present for backup disks that come with your computer. Sorry OP.

6. jhkingsr macrumors regular

If you sell the original install disks, you'll lose iLife as it's not included on the OSX dvd. There may also be other programs on the install disc you may want to have.

7. tro0787 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok.. good thing i came here first.. thanks for the help.