selling install dvd?

tro0787

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
hi.. i just recently purchased my macbook and qualify for the leopard 10 dollar deal. When i get leopard, can i sell my old tiger install cd? do i need to unregister or something before i sell it on ebay? i dont want to screw anyone over so im just double checking. thanks

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
i dont think...that it would be a problem...its not like it can be used on any system that dosent already have tiger...so id say you are good, and its not locked to your computer or anything like that

Comment

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
There will be the whole problem that it's a restore CD (right?) and will have stuff specifically meant to be restored on your Mac.

Comment

tro0787

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
yeah.. i guess i was just thinking that it was like a backup of the tiger operating system but i think i was wrong. thanks guys

Comment

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
i dont think...that it would be a problem...its not like it can be used on any system that dosent already have tiger...so id say you are good, and its not locked to your computer or anything like that
Actually, the disks are meant only for backup purposes and can't be resold by the end user. The only OS X disks that can be resold are the upgrade ones that can be bought for $129(single) or $199(Family). If you read the terms and conditions, you'll find that this is not present for backup disks that come with your computer. Sorry OP.

Comment

jhkingsr

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2007
NC
If you sell the original install disks, you'll lose iLife as it's not included on the OSX dvd. There may also be other programs on the install disc you may want to have.

Comment

tro0787

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
ok.. good thing i came here first.. thanks for the help.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.