Selling iPad 1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BLOND37, Oct 29, 2011.

1. BLOND37 macrumors 6502a

so i have a buyer in mind but i dunno if i should sell or not. i hardly ever use it.. most of this time its been a big clock on my desk.. have original box and cables. it was a TOTAL impulse by.. could use the $ too. its a 16GB with wifi and 3g

-should i sell?

-if so how much?

2. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I think you know better than anyone else if you should or shouldn't sell it. ;)

If I had one that I was looking to sell, I would list it on craigslist for $350 or so and be prepared for lower counter-offers. The Apple site doesn't seem to have any of that model refurbished, but they do have 32gb wifi and 3g 1st gen for $399 refurbished, and 64gb for $499, so that's what I'm going on.

See what other similar listings are on craigslist in your area first though. But I'd anticipate that you could get at least $300 or just over that.

3. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm a libra. cant make a decision to save my life.. but its kind of like when you buy a used car and the salesman says granny took it to church on suns only. but that really is how much i used it... yea $300 was what i was thinking and what i am finding

4. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

I sold my iPad 1 16 wifi for $250 last week. It was sitting around collecting dust and was only used when my iPad 2's battery died. You could probably try to push $300 but I can't imagine anything more than that. Still a great device though even compared to other tablets.

5. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

What? The only reason you cant is because you say you cant. There is nothing anyone cant do if they put their minds to it.

6. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

wow u got ripped off man, 250? seriously... you could have done so much better.

7. palpatine macrumors 68040

i sold my ipad1 for a whole lot more than that. same specs. i wouldn't say it was a horrible price, but not great.

8. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I don't know… some people just very legitimately don't have a strong need for an iPad. If I had a desk clock that I could sell for a little more than $300, I'm sure I'd do it.

And, resale value for the first generation iPad is just going to get lower over the next year.

9. musika macrumors 65816

musika

I love mine. But if you don't use it, say goodbye! It'll understand.