Selling iPad + 3G...do I remove the SIM?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mad cow disease, Jun 11, 2012.

1. mad cow disease, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

mad cow disease macrumors member

I am selling my original iPad + 3G. I've deleted my data account, restored the iPad and wiped all data on it. Now the question of the SIM comes into play, a number of Internet searches are bringing up varying results - some people say remove it, some say keep it in the machine.

I called up AT&T and was connected to a tech, who told me that it was like a phone and that I should remove it. But he didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about - putting me on hold, reading from technical manuals.

Can anybody finalize this issue for me? I am leaning toward removing the SIM since I am used to doing that on phones I sell but if it'd probably make the transition easier for the prospective buyer if they could just start up and go without having to travel to an AT&T store to get a new card.

TIA.

2. kenzbud macrumors member

kenzbud

I would take it out & stop by an AT&T store and see if they would give you a fresh SIM card to put in if you explain your situation about selling it.