Selling iPad, do I have to worry about it still receiving iMessages after wiping it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MythicFrost, Feb 13, 2012.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Hi,

I'm selling my iPad. I remember reading about the iPhone that kept receiving iMessages even after it being turned off, or something like that, I've signed out of iMessage from the iMessage section in Settings, will that make sure it'll stop receiving iMessages? I'm going to format it as well.

Just want to make sure, thanks.

2. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

3. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

After you wipe it you could get some friends to send you an iMessage to see if it still receives the message.

4. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

All right, thanks guys, I did send myself one but I thought I'd ask as well in case anyone had heard of it happening with an iPad. Cheers.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The problem with iMessage on iphones happens because of the way iMessage interacts with the phone's SIM. Since iMessage on iPads don't interact with the SIM, even on 3G iPads (it's never tied to a phone number, just email accounts), this issue doesn't happen on iPads.

6. Awfisch macrumors member

Awfisch

No this won't happen... It only happened because a guy at the genius bar used his own SIM card in a customer's iPhone.

7. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

thats not the only time it has occurred. There's more instances than that one

8. mattraehl macrumors 6502

9. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost