Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
Hi,

I'm selling my iPad. I remember reading about the iPhone that kept receiving iMessages even after it being turned off, or something like that, I've signed out of iMessage from the iMessage section in Settings, will that make sure it'll stop receiving iMessages? I'm going to format it as well.

Just want to make sure, thanks.

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
After you wipe it you could get some friends to send you an iMessage to see if it still receives the message.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
All right, thanks guys, I did send myself one but I thought I'd ask as well in case anyone had heard of it happening with an iPad. Cheers.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
The problem with iMessage on iphones happens because of the way iMessage interacts with the phone's SIM. Since iMessage on iPads don't interact with the SIM, even on 3G iPads (it's never tied to a phone number, just email accounts), this issue doesn't happen on iPads.

Awfisch

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2011
All right, thanks guys, I did send myself one but I thought I'd ask as well in case anyone had heard of it happening with an iPad. Cheers.

No this won't happen... It only happened because a guy at the genius bar used his own SIM card in a customer's iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.