Selling iPad help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by -TYLER, Jul 18, 2012.

1. -TYLER macrumors regular

Just won a new iPad 3 16gb wifi today (gotta update my signature...), plan on selling it since I already have a iPad 2. What are the fees if I try to sell it on eBay, and how much should I try selling it for? Posted it on Craigslist, people are just offering extremely low, Craigslist is better for buyers where I am from.

Also should I put it as auction or buy it now? I have never sold anything on eBay before...

2. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

Don't bother with eBay, Craigslist if you want cash money and don't want to deal with appeal fees, eBay fees and a percent of what you're going to sell it for.

You need to make sure that when you sell on Craigslist you have in big CAPS "no lowballers" "cash only no trades" and when you put the price make sure to add FIRM next to it. Ex. 500$ FIRM Lowballers IGNORED no trades.

3. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

Oh yea don't expect to sell it in one day, ignore the lowballers and soon you will get a bite.

4. Norcalchavo macrumors regular

Sell it on Craigslist and meet in a public place. For example Starbucks.
    Be very specific about the sale.
    For example:
    Price is set at $500 NOT NEGOTIABLE
    -No Trades
    -No delivery
    -Local pick up only
    -Serious buyers only

Good luck!

5. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

If you want to encourage serious buyers, I would mention that 'although it's brand new in the box, the buyer will get to open and test it upon payment'. I've heard a lot of stories about people selling supposedly new iPads locally which turn out to be fake re-shrink wrapped junk. People like myself may shy away from a new item sold if we get the impression it could be a scam attempt.

Btw I dont mean to imply that you should let the first person interested open the box (ruining value if they decide to pass), but rather offer assurance that after paying they will get to open and test before you both part ways.

6. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

Why don't you sell your iPad 2 and keep the new iPad.