iPad Selling iPad on Ecycle Best?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sap12690, Oct 20, 2013.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

I saw this site on a CNN article on how to get most money from you iPad. Has anybody ever used it? I just want to make sure its legit before proceeding with it. It is offering me a lot more then the other sites, which is why I am interested in it. The original site is selloldipad.com and after I click on the quote button, it sends me over to the ecycle best site. :confused:

2. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

Something seems off about this site. They offer significantly more than other trade in sites up front, but reading through their FAQ pages there are some weird items such as this: (the estimator page doesn't ask ANYTHING about condition other than if the screen is cracked)

There are a lot of places where it seems like they're going to lower the offer later. It also doesn't say anywhere what happens if you don't agree with their estimate. I would image you're on the hook for return shipping.

3. Fission macrumors regular

I've read nothing but bad about this place...

4. bobright macrumors 601

Turn away and don't look back, nonetheless selling your device weeks ago would have been best dont expect to get much now...

5. Honza macrumors member

On yelp people have nothing but bad experiences. Usually they give you a high quote, but then offer you substantially less after they look at it and find "problems".

6. jflee79 macrumors newbie

Low Cash and long wait

sold my 4s iphone just a cracked screen.
    send out me a check 4 weeks latter for 10 dollars i am so mad i couls of got 80-100 on ebay

7. kmorris4ev macrumors newbie

ecyclebest sucks

eCycleBest you guys are nothing but rip offs. You guys quoted me at $133 for my samsung galaxy s3 and you guys turn around and send me only $21 nothing and i mean nothing was wrong with that phone. I have asked several times for my sd card to be sent back to me cause it has my sons pictures on there and he passed away and you guys still wont talk to me i have called you guys everyday for 3 days leaving voice mails and nothing and then when i email you guys i get an email back saying sorry but i have to send you to my customer service department and you gave the number but they dont answer the phone and the recording guy says he PROMISES that someone will call us back and guess what thats a lie. I am tired of being ripped off i really am either something needs to be fixed or i am going to the better business bureau and then something will get done. Word of mouth is important for a business and i am going to let everyone know how you treat your customers.

8. jclopp, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014

jclopp macrumors newbie

ecycle best is a SCAM

Everyone needs to be warned that this ecycle best is a SCAM SCAM SCAM I sent them a brand new Iphone 5s after receiving a decent offer for it. They have simply kept the phone and wont answer the phone or call back as promised. I am about to contact the police in their area and file the phone as stolen. I have left several messages and no return call. I have sent several emails no answer. I have asked several times to just send me my phone back no reply. They are listed on Linkedin and facebook. Maybe if enough people would complain to and on them something would be done.

9. mfr1340 macrumors regular

lead you on.

dont use them. They are a rip off. they quoted me a much higher price. I sent it in right away. They took a super long time to contact me back and they lowered the offer in half. I told them to send it back to me. By the time I got it back the price had gone way down on creigs list and gazelle. DON'T USE THEM!!!

10. nexus4life macrumors regular

My list in order of best to not the best(though none of these are "Bad")

1. Swappa (flat $10 fee that buyer pays, not you, no matter what)
    2. eBay (fees fees fees... wasn't always this way)
    3. Craigs List (be careful, go with more than 1 person etc.)

11. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Gazelle is also fine.

12. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

IMO Gazelle lowballs a bit but I guess thats what you pay for an instant sale.

I miss when eBay did their thing with buy backs. I know it wasn't actually eBay all the way but some e-recyclers back ending to eBay. They were awesome though. After switching to Verizon my dad had me sell his old AT&T iPhone 4 (mind you the phone was only 10 months old then) and 3GS and got back around $500! Only time I have ever used an instant sale service because the prices were very competitive. No Fees+Free Shipping+Direct Deposit to PayPal=Awesome!

Now if I need to sell a phone I'll use Swappa.

13. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Selling iPad on Ecycle Best?

They do but if you want a sale without worrying about getting screwed it's a good option. Some people don't want to have to worry about it.

I typically use swappa but have used gazelle before as well.

14. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Yet to use Swappa but I have heard nothing but good reviews so I'll have to give it a go someday!

I can totally understand why people like Gazelle, I have sold things on CL and it is shaddy, luckily no issues as of yet but I typically meet in a public place that is just north of the police station.

15. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Yes check Swappa out! I've had 0 issues buying or selling and you can find some good deals!