Price Advice Selling iPad w/ accessories (NOT AD)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dixie8123, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dixie8123 macrumors member

Okay,

I still have an iPad 1 (I'm 14, don't laugh) and am planning to sell it to go towards the purchase of my new iPad 3.

I was wondering what you think a good asking price would be for:

iPad 1, a few scratches on the screen
    OtterBox Case
    SmartSnap magnet on side ($20 alone)
    Apple Case
    Clear Plastic Case
    The original box, cord, manual, charger etc
    iHome Speaker Case ($70ish)
    Carbon Fiber Skin on back

iPad Black Leather Smart Cover and Apple Wireless Keyboard negotiable

Thanks for your help,
    Dixie

2. xnickitynickx, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

For all that, particularly in good condition, maybe about $350 give or take a bit.
    Apple still sells refurb iPad 1 16gb for like 350 or so, but that's an apple refurb.

3. ewo1992, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

Remember all of the accessories are really not going to drive up your price that much.

4. dixie8123 thread starter macrumors member

Dang. I thought they would. If I can't get much, I will just keep it and use it as my :apple: TV remote :D

5. Teem45 macrumors member

I have the same iPad 1 as you do, and I've decided that's it's best use, too. It does have a very small superficial scratch in the screen that happened in the first two weeks of ownership and I have no idea how (I was extremely careful). Anyway, I've gone on to the 2 and now the 3. I've just never wanted to deal with Craigslist, explaining that barely visible scratch, etc. At the very least, I should have sold it right when the iPad 2 came out. Oh well!

You will love the 3, especially coming from the 1. I got my son one last month for his 13th birthday, but I told him he'd have to be happy with it for two years. I try to only spoil him every other year. Apple makes that easy with the cycles always running on both the iPhone and iPad. :D I honestly think I could be happy with the iPad 3 and it's screen for that long.

Good luck to you whatever you do, and have fun!

----------

Sorry for the it's versus its. I really do know it should have been its. Darn autocorrect! LOL