Selling iPhone 3G eBay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ccarsillo, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ccarsillo macrumors newbie

Hey folks!

Thought I would ask this question...looking for loop holes. I am in this scenario: Pre-ordered iPhone 3G at AT&T store, was impatient and stood in line at Apple Store and got one. Now...I essentially want to still pick up the one at the AT&T store and sell the one on eBay I got at Apple to make some dough. So when I go to pick up the AT&T phone I pre ordered at the store, can I have them switch my new 3G plan to the newer phone, and can I sell the 1st one on eBay that I got at the Apple Store?
    Any thoughts?

CC

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Good luck with that. The iPhone you've got now is tied to your AT&T account already. If you get a new one and want it to replace your existing iPhone they're gonna want the other one back.

3. glanv macrumors regular

Hi

I am in the UK but sure this will apply to the US too. If you get the At&T phone will you not have to sign up to another contract? You may have another iPhone to sell but will have two contracts and hence x2 charges.

Cheers!

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

You're completely correct.

5. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

Ahhhhh, the joys of living in australia and selling unlocked iPhone 3Gs to the USA

6. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Btw, is that confirmed? Australia iphone works using Tmobile simcard?