Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Earlet9

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Hey guys, I want to sell my iPhone 3G for buy a new iPhone 4. I have never sold an iPhone before, but I obviously know that an unlocked one would fetch a better price on ebay. That's where the question comes: How exactly do I go about jailbreaking AND unlocking. I have jailbroken before, but it seemed too easy for it to warrant this kind of money. This probably is a stupid question, but I looked around a bit, and just kind found what I learned before and the stuff I did before didn't seem to unlock it. Thanks for any help...and not flaming.

euphrus

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2008
ya...ud be suprised how much more an unlock can fetch on ebay. ur prob on baseband 5.11.07 so u should use spirit to jailbreak ur iphone then download blacksn0w from cydia and u should be good

Earlet9

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Even though my phone has some dings and dents around the side, it should still sell, right? Obviously nothing spectacular, but at least at a decent price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.