Selling iPhone 3G - is restoring enough?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Missjenna, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Missjenna, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011

Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I am buying an iPhone 4 on Monday and selling my iPhone 3G.

My biggest concern is that I've downloaded and logged into my bank account and used pageonce to access my various account and billing information on my phone.

Is simply resetting all setting (not erase all settings and content) and restoring enough to remove the info from my phone or do I need to erase all content and settings and restore?

Also, I've read that when you erase all content and settings on jailbroken phone you have to restore it first, erase all content and settings and restore again. Am I correct?

One last thing, do I need to check deauthorize this computer I iTunes?

Thanks for the help!

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Some will say that you need to DFU mode it and then restore, I think it's slight overkill, and i'm not sold on DFU mode adding anything to the deletion of your information.

Erase content and settings works too, but you will have to restore it afterwards, as it won't boot.

As for de-authorising your PC, there's no need to do that. Unless you're selling the PC.

3. Missjenna thread starter macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I would only restore the phone in DFU mode. Erase all content and settings is overkill, IMO, but if you do this, make sure you restore it, so you can be sure the buyer has a usable iPhone.