Selling iPhone 3G Jailbroken - Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 156457, Jun 10, 2010.

1. 156457 macrumors 6502

Hey,

I currently have an iPhone 3G running 3.1.3 and the person I'm selling it to has asked if I can jailbreak it for them, which I can easily do doing Spirit, as it's jailbroken atm, but obviously I'm gonna restore the phone to vanilla with none of my data on it.

I use a Mac and she uses Windows, so my question, when I restore and rejailbreak, give her it - when she plugs it into her Windows computer won't it say it needs to be reformatted? (either because it's a different iTunes or because I restored it on a Mac, which AFAIK needs reformatting to work on Windows?)

Thanks in advance.

(PS When I jailbreak it for her I'm going to install SSH and SBSettings and some other stuff, but when she plugs it into her computer won't it ask her to wipe it because it's all been done on my computer?)

2. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

why not just download spirit on her pc and do it for her

3. 156457 thread starter macrumors 6502

Because I don't know her, I'm posting it. :p

4. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

There is no reformatting that needs to be done. I have a mac at home and a windows PC at work. I plug it in both locations all the time with no issue. ;)

5. 156457 thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome, thanks! I remember with iPods this used to be the case but haven't had a PC in years and as such wasn't sure whether you still had to format your iDevice depending on what kind of computer you used it with.

6. 156457 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just another thought now, when I jailbreak it for her I'm going to install SSH and SBSettings and some other stuff, but when she plugs it into her computer won't it ask her to wipe it because it's all been done on my computer?

Thanks