Selling iphone 3g on eBay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hankuknamza, Aug 8, 2008.

1. hankuknamza macrumors newbie

If I'm gonna sell a new iphone 3g on ebay (nothing stored or installed on the phone), should I reset the phone from settings, take out the sim, and sell it? or just take out the sim and sell it?

2. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

You're saying that you've never used it?
    Is it activated?

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Restore to original settings, take out SIM card, then go ahead and sell it and tell us how it went...:cool:

4. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

Which country are you in? If its Canada PM me and i would be happy to buy it from you

5. hankuknamza thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies guys. I'm actually in US, sorry.

6. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I have a question on this..as I'm thinking of selling my original iphone, i went to ebay, selected the sell page as a seller. It directed to a page that had my address, and wanted credit card info for ebay's monthly seller automatic fee deduct page. What is this? I know ebay wants a piece of the pie but if I put ONE item up, iphone, on ebay for sale, will they ding my ccard each month for being a seller? Seems like it's a one-time deal to me. Anyone?

7. tritonj macrumors 6502a

no, they ask for the info so they can automatically charge your card every time you sell something, also, it is a source of id for them to prove you are who you say you are, so that if you try to scam they have something on you

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I suggest canceling that transaction and start over. You shouldn't be charged a monthly fee, unless you are selling multiple items over several months, and multiple items would mean about 30+ items at $1.75 a pop. Or, as the poster above states, you haven't established a track record with eBay and PayPal. :eek:

9. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Right...so what is the proper way to do it. I simply do not want to enter into a monthly fee on ebay's part. Never sold off ebay so I'm a noob. Would make sense if they wanted the info for that one transaction but they state 'monthly fee'.

10. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I would just sell it on craigslist. You'll get the same price, especially here in SoCal, without the fees and the hassle of shipping. JMO.

I sell a lot of stuff on eBay, craigslist, and amazon, and my first choice is usually craigslist, especially for something like a cell phone. You can't beat free. ;)

11. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

You have to give them a credit card because they bill sellers monthly for the auctions. If you didn't sell anything in a given month you won't get charged.