Selling iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hobbes., Dec 29, 2010.

1. Hobbes. macrumors regular

Hello all, I hope this isn't in the wrong forum but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it.

I currently have an iPhone 4, and money is really tight as I lost my job 2 days before christmas and I need to sell my iPhone 3G that's sitting in the box in my closet.

I have a few questions that I hope somebody can help answer for me.

1. What firmware should it be on? Currently i'm at 4.1 so i'd have to J/B to put it on 3.1.3
    2. Should I sell it jailbroken/unlock ready?
    3. eBay or Craigslist? both range from $175 to $250

The phone has absolutely zero scratches on the screen and no dust underneath, only damage is a few scuff marks on the back. Original box, original earbuds un-used.

I'm trying to optimize my selling points so I can try and make the most money, what does everybody think I should do?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd go with CL.
    No fee's or shipping charges. Quick and cash local transaction.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

sorry to hear about your job. Yeah just list it in craigslist as it is right now.

4. Hobbes. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the concern, i'll be fine financially but it was just a reminder that I had something worth selling in my desk. I just think it was crappy to fire somebody 2 days before christmas, total scrooge.

5. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

I tried posting my 3GS on craigslist and found that the offers I was getting were completely ridiculous. It was going for like $300 unlocked and in great condition on ebay. After a few weeks on CL I was getting offers for like $100 and **** even though the asking price was $300. maybe it was just bad luck or my area is a bunch of cheap asses i dno....

6. Hobbes. thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I'm really leaning towards eBay just for the simple fact that is Atlanta and how bad the people have been to me in recent sales.

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah on CL u will get always get low ballers and people who say they are interested but never hear from them again.

8. nessundorma214 macrumors newbie

Same for sellers. I tried to buy an iphone off CL, the guy was interested and we exchanged a few texts. We set a meeting time and place... and he never showed! Never answered another phone call or text after that.

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr