Selling iPhone 4 how to transfer back to 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clarnold, Jun 15, 2010.

1. clarnold macrumors newbie

So I just preordered 2 new iPhone 4's from Best Buy and intend on selling one on Ebay. Once they transfer and setup both phones, how do I go back and transfer one of my accounts back to my old phone? Is this simply done in iTunes? Maybe a stupid question.

Thanks All!

2. clarnold thread starter macrumors newbie

bump. Do you simply go home and activate the old 3G using iTunes?

3. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Pretty sure you can just do this by calling...

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

So you are getting 2 phones and activating both phones on your account (2 lines).

Now you want to switch one phone line with an iPhone 4 back to a 3g iPhone. Normally you would just take the SIM out and put it in the 3g phone. Since the iPhone 4 has a micro SIM you will need some sort of adapter to convert it from a micro SIM to a regular size SIM. That should be all that you need to do.

You don't need to reactivate anything. They have you locked in for a 2 year contract so what hardware you use if it is equal or inferior shouldn't matter.

5. clarnold thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct. I'm upgrading 1 phone and selling the other. We are on the Family plan so we have 2 valid lines. My wife is just choosing to stay on the old phone and we're selling the newer iPhone 4.

I can't imagine trying to call ATT to figure this out the day of. I'd prefer to have Best buy just NOT activate it in the store and let iTunes activate at home.

We'll see.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

all you need to do is like the above poster said is to get a micro sim adapter. they can be found online like ebay and what not. pm me if you are interested in selling your phone to me :)

7. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Can't you just tell them you're going to activate it at home and never activate it?