selling iphone 4 on eBay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghostterm, Aug 26, 2010.

1. ghostterm macrumors newbie

hi guys,

i would like to buy a couple of i phone 4s to sell on eBay.

I recently had a contract with ATT but it just ended a few months ago.

What would I need to do to pick buy a couple of these iphones to sell on eBay?

Once, I had a 2 year contract with them and have the iphone 4. can i buy more iphone 4s since now I got a contract?

if the phone is already activated and it has service on it under my name, how can i get rid of that? so i can sell on eBay?

answers appreciated.

2. Meyvn macrumors 6502

AT&T subsidizes iPhone prices when you get a 2-year contract. But only for the first purchase. If you bought another iPhone now, it would cost a LOT more, to the point that you wouldn't really make a profit on eBay. Unless you want to add another line with AT&T, you're not going to be able to get another one for the 200/300 price point.

3. ghostterm thread starter macrumors newbie

i had a friend that just told me that it's it's one contract per iphone. is this true? or can you get more then 1 iphone for 1 contract?

4. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

you sign a new contract and get one iphone at a subsidized price.

the rest are full price. so it will be very hard to make any money.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, obviously they wont keep giving you iphones for the $199-299 price. Thats only once per 18-24 months. After the first one you can buy full price iphone 4's for $599 and $699 for the 32GB model.