Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stuart21

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
In the past I believe iphones have been selling for really high right after launch due to people not being able to get them. My grandfather due for an upgrade along with me so I was just going to sell his on ebay and try to make some money off of it. Do you all think this is a good idea and what kind of money would I expect to get on ebay?

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
In the past I believe iphones have been selling for really high right after launch due to people not being able to get them. My grandfather due for an upgrade along with me so I was just going to sell his on ebay and try to make some money off of it. Do you all think this is a good idea and what kind of money would I expect to get on ebay?

What happens if your grandfather's phone breaks or goes missing and he needs a new phone? Yes you could sell an iPhone 4 on eBay; I'd expect to get $900+ USD for one.

yentrog31

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2009
RGGnDFW

good q

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
How

how the h*ll did he get an Iphone that will only be released in 1-2 weeks????

Stuart21

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Well my grandaddy just got used to using his razor and if it breaks ill just buy him a new razor on ebay for like 50 bucks. Should I offer international shipping? Will that help with selling it for higher price or do you think US only will do just fine. Also I was going to set the auction to end mid day on Friday and then ship it whenever it comes in hopefully on Thursday because I'm having both shipped to my house. Thanks for all the help.

rmead001

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2009
If he has a basic phone can't you just buy a basic prepaid razor for like $50 and put his sim in it? I know that was recommended to me if my iphone ever broke and I needed something in a pinch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.