Selling Iphone 4 on ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Stuart21, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Stuart21 macrumors member

In the past I believe iphones have been selling for really high right after launch due to people not being able to get them. My grandfather due for an upgrade along with me so I was just going to sell his on ebay and try to make some money off of it. Do you all think this is a good idea and what kind of money would I expect to get on ebay?

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

What happens if your grandfather's phone breaks or goes missing and he needs a new phone? Yes you could sell an iPhone 4 on eBay; I'd expect to get $900+ USD for one.

3. yentrog31 macrumors regular

yentrog31

good q

4. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

did you even read the OP's comment and thread title?

5. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

How

how the h*ll did he get an Iphone that will only be released in 1-2 weeks????

6. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

and again with the reading of the post - he is suggesting they will get upgrades, not they have them already...

7. Stuart21 thread starter macrumors member

Well my grandaddy just got used to using his razor and if it breaks ill just buy him a new razor on ebay for like 50 bucks. Should I offer international shipping? Will that help with selling it for higher price or do you think US only will do just fine. Also I was going to set the auction to end mid day on Friday and then ship it whenever it comes in hopefully on Thursday because I'm having both shipped to my house. Thanks for all the help.

8. rmead001 macrumors member

If he has a basic phone can't you just buy a basic prepaid razor for like $50 and put his sim in it? I know that was recommended to me if my iphone ever broke and I needed something in a pinch.