Selling iPhone 4 on launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattyMac, Jun 20, 2010.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

So apparently people love to waste money (or they are really rich). I've noticed today that many are selling their iPhone 4 for over $1000 on ebay. The auctions say they will ship on the 25th. As much as I can't wait to get my new iPhone, for $1000 or more I will gladly sell mine and wait a month to get another one when all the hype dies down. I was one of the lucky ones (like many of us) to get my order in and FedEx tracking info for delivery on the 24th.

My only question is if I do sell my iPhone 4; does it come directly from apple with my information/cell phone number etc already configured in the phone? Or does it come completely blank and the iTunes activation is the only thing that adds my personal info.

I just don't want to sell this thing to someone with my info already configured into the phone.

Any thoughts?

2. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

I just sold mine for $900, which will ship on the 24th. I plan to upgrade another one of my lines to get my phone. Taking into account paypal fees, ebay fees, and shipping fee I netted $450, more than enough to cover a new Iphone.

3. puggles macrumors regular

So if you sell a 32gb iphone 4 for $1000 on ebay...you pay $300 for it with a 2 year contract then have to pay $700 for an unsubsidized iphone 4 later...it doesn't seem like there is nay profit to be made...unless you dont want an iphone 4.

4. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

You're getting a free iphone....

5. timlopez macrumors member