Selling iPhone 4, overwhelming response

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric-PTEK, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

Mar 3, 2009
    I upgrade every year so long as ATT covers me which they are again this year.

I never look to make money just cover my upgrade costs. I figured that selling the 4 would be more difficult than the 2/3/3G due to more on the market.

I must have priced them too low. I have an 8 month old in perfect condition at $275, a 13 month old in perfect at $250, and then my 13 month old which could be in better shape. Never a case on it, dropped a few times, $200 or the whole lot for $650.

35 emails when I got home today from a 6am posting, all of them with local contact numbers.

I dont' care about doing any more than covering costs but I was surprised by the response.
  2. kappaknight macrumors 68000

Mar 5, 2009
    Amazon will give you $311 for your perfect condition one.
  3. F123D macrumors 68040

Sep 16, 2008
    Del Mar, CA
    I could see more people going the craigslist route this year so they aren't under contract when next years (hopefully redesigned) iPhone comes out.
  4. Eric-PTEK thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 3, 2009
    No kidding...the last couple of times I sold them in Russia via someone else. I noticed a lot of the people emailing me had middle eastern names so figure they must go big over sea's.
  5. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2011
    Southern CA
    Sold mine on eBay for $325.

Will be getting the 32GB.

Like you, I've been upgrading with every iPhone release, so hopefully once iPhone 6 comes out I'll be eligible then also.
  6. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    It might depend on your market. Where I live craigslist is saturated with iphone 4's. In another place where my fam is its harder to get so they go for more. I'd pay $250-$275 for the 8 month one. I wouldn't probably pay more though.