Selling iPhone 4, overwhelming response

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric-PTEK, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

I upgrade every year so long as ATT covers me which they are again this year.

I never look to make money just cover my upgrade costs. I figured that selling the 4 would be more difficult than the 2/3/3G due to more on the market.

I must have priced them too low. I have an 8 month old in perfect condition at $275, a 13 month old in perfect at $250, and then my 13 month old which could be in better shape. Never a case on it, dropped a few times, etc...at $200 or the whole lot for $650.

35 emails when I got home today from a 6am posting, all of them with local contact numbers.

I dont' care about doing any more than covering costs but I was surprised by the response.

2. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Amazon will give you $311 for your perfect condition one.

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I could see more people going the craigslist route this year so they aren't under contract when next years (hopefully redesigned) iPhone comes out.

4. Eric-PTEK thread starter macrumors 6502

No kidding...the last couple of times I sold them in Russia via someone else. I noticed a lot of the people emailing me had middle eastern names so figure they must go big over sea's.

5. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Sold mine on eBay for $325.

Will be getting the 32GB.

Like you, I've been upgrading with every iPhone release, so hopefully once iPhone 6 comes out I'll be eligible then also.

6. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

It might depend on your market. Where I live craigslist is saturated with iphone 4's. In another place where my fam is its harder to get so they go for more. I'd pay $250-$275 for the 8 month one. I wouldn't probably pay more though.