Selling iPhone 4, want next version - Next Steps please? Advice needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bizzle79, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Bizzle79 macrumors newbie

Bizzle79

Hi everyone, newbie here. I am interested in upgrading early to the new iPhone when it comes out (assuming it's a "5" and not a "4S").

I have tried to read up on here but there's no guide to this but I know folks do this so I am seeking your advice and guidance.

So I sell my iPhone 4 and use a temporary phone before I get the 5.

1. How can i get a regular SIM that would have my number to fit in the other phone - call AT&T?
    2. Do I need to do anything at this time regarding my line's account(assuming the iPhone ships in less than a month after release)?
    3. When the 5 is announced and I'm ordering it - is there an option for current owners who want to upgrade so I can just maintain my number? How do I ensure I maintain my number?
    4. Assuming 3 above is not possible, do i just order the 5 with another number and pop in my microSIM? (but this means a new account....?)
    5. Is there anything else I have missed?

Thanks in advance!

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

There are microSIM to standard SIM adapters. It's just a plastic tray. I used to move my ipad SIM to my 3GS that way.

The rest of the questions need to be referred to your carrier.

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Answers are above in Bold.