Selling iPhone 4s with or without cable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by virginblue4, Jan 19, 2014.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Just preparing to put an iPhone 4S on eBay. The cable became damaged and now does not work. Would it be best selling it without the cable or should I purchase one from Apple for £15 and include it with the iPhone?

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

When I have sold phones previously I would usually just pick up a new charger off ebay for $3 to include with it.

3. blarivee macrumors 6502

Sell it without the cable. Mention in your listing that the cable is not included. When you go to the phone trade in sites, they have the option to select whether the cable and charger is included and the difference is usually a couple of pounds especially since the 30-pin is an outdated connector. Just adjust your price by that amount.

4. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

buy a new one from apple and then you can add like $35 to the price and it will probably sell faster because people like when it includes the chord plus it is a new chord!!!

5. DarthVader! macrumors member

DarthVader!

As long as the terms of the sale are accurate, it probably doesn't matter though I expect items that are not included may lower the price

6. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Ya - honestly just make sure the terms of sale are accurate it may help not to add that $30 from the cable because then the phone looks cheaper-