Selling iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Awfisch, May 28, 2012.

1. Awfisch macrumors member

Awfisch

When the next gen iPhone comes out, who is going to sell their iPhone 4S? I have a like new white (Sprint) iPhone 4S 64 GB with apple care+. How much do you think I could get for it on, say Craigslist?

2. briantaylor619 macrumors member

How can we make a choice for something we have no information on?

How about you put it on Craigslist and see?

3. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I usually upgrade and keep my previous iPhone for testing purposes and sell the 4 which is testing purposes now.

Whenever I sell iPhones on craigslist I ask a lot. Most everybody is going to lowball you to the extreme. If you ask for 500 I can always expect to get 350, if I were to ask for 400 you can bet you'd be lowballed 250... I always just try to cover my cost of the new iPhone to break even.

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I may trade up my 4S for the new iPhone like I did with my 4 for my 4S:

In 2010 I bought an iPhone 4 on contract and paid $170 or so. Then in October 2011 I traded my iPhone 4 for a Blackberry Bold 9900 (wanted to try it). Turns out it sucked, so a month later I traded the Bold + $40 for a brand new in box iPhone 4S. :)

But I'm thinking of buying an unlocked one which would cost more so I might sell the 4S and use some more money and buy an unlocked phone right from Apple.

Gonna have to wait till fall to see how things turn out though

5. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

Best bet would be as soon as we start getting close to the release time sell the 4s and rock a backup phone. If you want until the release of the next iPhone you will get less for your current model.

6. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

Around here Sprint iPhones go for very little because there is so many of them on Craigslist.

7. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I sold my white 32 4s on this sites marketplace for 475$ it was new condition with 17 months of AppleCare + left on it.

9. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

I feel like the only person that actually keeps their phone instead of selling it for collection purposes. Someday 20 years from now, it's going to be a beautiful thing looking back at the iPhone 4s and what tech was like back then. I wish I still had the first iPhone and the 3GS.

10. chokem macrumors 6502

Mine will go on CL the day my new one arrives. I sold my i4 one day after my 4S was shipped.