Selling iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matt8045, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Matt8045 macrumors regular

Currently have space grey 5S 16gb have had since launch day. Other than a scratch on the back it's in good shape. I would like to sell it for possibly a galaxy note 3 or something else newer. Any recommendations? How much out of pocket can I expect to pay to make up the difference? Once iphone 6 is out I'll switch back.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

What carrier are you with? That plays a factor in how much resale value it has.

3. Matt8045 thread starter macrumors regular

at&t

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

Looks like they're going for around $450-500 on eBay used so probably around $380-400 is what you can get for it.

5. Matt8045 thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting. Has anyone here "traded in" their 5S at their carriers store for another device and how did that work out? I kind of got burned on ebay a while back so I'm looking for a different avenue

6. easy-peasy macrumors regular

Craigslist? Just do the deal inside a starbucks, apple store, library, etc to be safe.

7. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

carriers will probably rip you off and only give you $100 trade in value. gazelle is good for iPhone resale value if you don't wanna do ebay.

8. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Gazelle is a rip off. The only good Trade-In/Sell Back Program there was was eBay's Instant Sale. Completely safe, the money was put into your PayPal account shortly after receiving the phones, prices were more then fair, and no fees or shipping costs.

I sold my iPhone 4 through craigslist. Met up at the Verizon store so they could check the ESN and activate it. No problems. Got top value too and paid no fees. Of course, anything bad could happen on craigslist. You really are taking a chance.

I'm curious, how did you get ripped off on eBay?

9. nfl46 macrumors 603