Selling iPhone 6plus questions

Teride

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
Hi--I purchased my iPhone 6s Plus last year when ATT was still offering the two year subsidized contracts. It doesn't actually expire until Sept 2017. I should be able to sell the phone to an ATT user correct? Does this mean the phone is actually still "on contract" until Sept 2017 and not just "locked" to ATT? Or does this mean the same thing? Just want to make sure my listing on EBay is correct in terminology.

thanks!

xdothedew

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Hi--I purchased my iPhone 6s Plus last year when ATT was still offering the two year subsidized contracts. It doesn't actually expire until Sept 2017. I should be able to sell the phone to an ATT user correct? Does this mean the phone is actually still "on contract" until Sept 2017 and not just "locked" to ATT? Or does this mean the same thing? Just want to make sure my listing on EBay is correct in terminology.

thanks!
That's correct. As long as you state in the description that it was a contract upgrade and locked to AT&T you should be fine. You can also try Swappa to sell your phone

Teride

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
That's correct. As long as you state in the description that it was a contract upgrade and locked to AT&T you should be fine. You can also try Swappa to sell your phone
If I state it is locked to ATT until Sept 2017 it's clear enough? Thanks for the reply..

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Swappa would be safer than EBay. Just my opinion. A lot of fraud on eBay.

Definitely, either sell privately or to one of those kinds of services. eBay has been getting progressively worse for people being complete whallopers. Avoid it like the plague because when you're unfortunate enough to encounter one of those people PayPal will always side with the buyer in a dispute. (Well the vast majority of the time, they've become very anti-seller.)

Reactions: Relentless Power