Selling iPhone - Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kaizen, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Kaizen macrumors member

Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice on what steps i need to take to sell my iphone.

I live in Canada, and bought a first generation iphone (1.1.3 unlocked with stealthsim and jailbroken) in february. Then, i upgraded to 1.1.4 with ziphone a few months later.

Can i simply sell my phone as-is, or would it be best to restore it, and go through the unlock, jailbreak process for the new owner? Also, i really don't understand what the 'activate' option is and whether or not that needs to be done. How do i ensure that the new owner can just pop in his sim card and have a functional phone?

Thanks!

2. maximus06 macrumors regular

Activation is a process that needs to be done when you first buy it, or when you install a new firmware, in order to use the phone. It is done via iTunes.

However, if you're already using your 2G phone in Canada, you're fine, you don't have to do anything, just go ahead and sell it. I'm also from Canada and I bought a used 2G iphone a few weeks ago - loving it. It was 1.1.4, now upgraded to 2.0 and obviously jailbroken (can't use the 2G iphone in canada otherwise).

Hope it helps.