Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Hey,

So as my title states I'm selling my iPhone and buying a BB Bold.

When going from one phone to another I usually just saved important texts and all my contacts to the sim card. Transfered sims and copied from sim to the new phone.

However, the iPhone doesn't allow saving info. to the sim card. So how can I transfer my contacts and important text messages to the Bold?

Cheers.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Please, anyone. I have someone interested in the phone and this is the only point holding up the sale.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
One solution. If you are using a Mac, sync your iPhone with your Mac (iCal, Address book, etc.). When you get your Blackberry, purchase The Missing Sync and use that to sync the info from iCal and Address Book to your new Blackberry. I've used two versions (Blackberry and Windows Mobile) of The Missing Sync now for about a year, and haven't had any problems with either. I highly recommend this program.

I hope this helps.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Wouldn't this be a question for a Blackberry forum?

S-

Not really since the problem isn't with getting info onto the Blackberry, but getting info off the iPhone.

ucfgrad93, thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.