Selling iPhone, buying Blackberry, how to transfer.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by amoda, Dec 19, 2008.

1. amoda macrumors 6502a

Hey,

So as my title states I'm selling my iPhone and buying a BB Bold.

When going from one phone to another I usually just saved important texts and all my contacts to the sim card. Transfered sims and copied from sim to the new phone.

However, the iPhone doesn't allow saving info. to the sim card. So how can I transfer my contacts and important text messages to the Bold?

Cheers.

2. amoda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Please, anyone. I have someone interested in the phone and this is the only point holding up the sale.

3. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Wouldn't this be a question for a Blackberry forum?

S-

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

One solution. If you are using a Mac, sync your iPhone with your Mac (iCal, Address book, etc.). When you get your Blackberry, purchase The Missing Sync and use that to sync the info from iCal and Address Book to your new Blackberry. I've used two versions (Blackberry and Windows Mobile) of The Missing Sync now for about a year, and haven't had any problems with either. I highly recommend this program.

I hope this helps.

5. amoda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not really since the problem isn't with getting info onto the Blackberry, but getting info off the iPhone.

ucfgrad93, thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it!

6. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108